Saturday, February 1, 2014

Atlanta's Snowpacolypse

I must say, we enjoyed our four inches of snow. Yes, we live in the area of Georgia north of Atlanta that had the highest amount of snow (even though we were supposed to get the lowest amount). We are also in the area where kids got stuck on buses and left over-night at school. Fortunately, we all work and go to school near home (indeed, I work *from* home), so when the snow started, I grabbed my kiddos from school (white-knuckling my steering wheel the whole way - yes, I am a true southerner), my husband came home early, and we enjoyed the white stuff.


I love this picture because, while Noah and his daddy aren't really looking at the camera, you can see "little man" Isaiah in the background with the Peepa. We had already sent him in because his cheeks were so red and the skin had started to swell. We watched him closely and he was fine, however, let us just say that going inside was NOT his idea.

Noah had a big time playing in the snow with Peach and Daddy.

Big Snow = Big Smile


A boy and his dog... Well, a boy and the one dog who braved the snow while the other one hung out in the heated dog house. Yes, she needs a bath.

He doesn't look too sure right here, but I can assure you, "Little Man" did not want to leave the white stuff for the indoor warmth.

Must be nice having eyelashes so long they catch the snow flakes - and keep them there.

We are finally back to normal here in our neck of the woods. The temperature got up to almost 60 today, and only the most stubborn patches of snow remain in the most shaded areas. I am glad that our friends working in the Atlanta area had places to stay when they couldn't make it home, and that they made it home quickly the next day. I'm thankful, also, for all the wonderful stories that came out of a very bad situation, and I am thankful most of all that it is over. At least for now.

No comments: