Friday, December 14, 2012

Sad Day

I had intended to post my newest GF cookie recipe, GF Roll-out Sugar Cookies, but I have instead been taking some extra time hugging my little ones. It reminds me of a question that I am asked frequently about how I keep a positive attitude in the face of all Noah has gone through. How can I still be thankful?

The answer is simple. Noah almost didn't get to come home from the hospital after he was born. Period. While Noah has many challenges, I got to bring him home when so many other parents in a similar situation did not. I am thankful every day that I have him to hold and hug and listen to his laugh when it could have so easily gone the other way.

And I am reminded today that I am lucky to have all three of my little ones. Getting to hug them, kiss them, and tuck them each to bed tonight. I am so very thankful and very, very, very blessed. And I am so very sorry that there are so many parents tonight in one small town in CT that are not so lucky.

I wouldn't trade what I have. I wouldn't trade my blessings for anything.

No comments: