Thursday, October 17, 2013

Brotherly Love

I just had to share this little moment that happened today. Isaiah adores his brothers. He asks about Eli the whole day that he is at school, and he is thrilled when Eli gets home. But he has a very tight relationship with Noah as well. He adores Noah, and he is constantly giving him hugs and kisses. Today I walked out of the room for a second while they were in their respective feeding seats, and before I walked back in, they were busting out laughing at one another. Then, of course, I was laughing... and crying.

A while later, Isaiah fell on top of Noah to give him one of the many hugs he gave him today, but this one I caught with my camera phone. They both have such happy faces.



Every once in a while I come across a person that will say something (stupid), like, "It must be tough on your other two boys having a special needs brother." I don't have an answer for that (not one that is fit for public consumption), so I usually say nothing. But my boys (all three) are kind and compassionate. They don't look at people so much on the outside -- they look on the inside. They seem to accept people as they are, and I can't help but believe that it is because of Noah that they have those qualities. I think one day the younger two will say, "He's not heavy. He's my brother." And how can that be a bad thing?

No comments: